20,000 telegrams on last day; last one to Rahul Gandhi
Ppeople across India thronged to telegraph workplaces to experience the thrill and relive the nostalgia of booking a telegram for one closing time as a one hundred sixty-12 months-previous provider bowed to the boost of technology and was phased out for its growing irrelevance. Some 20,000 telegrams were booked Sunday, of them 2,200 from Delhi adopted by means of Kerala with 1,867, a telegraph division official stated. The final telegram used to be dispatched out to Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi by way of Aswan Mishra of DD information at around 11.30 p.m., wishing “success and happiness in life” and hoping he would gain heights in life as different great men of the previous. On the time of its closure, the telegraph department had round 1,000 workers in seventy five workplaces across the u. s. a…
all of them will probably be deployed within the broadband, landline and cell divisions of state-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam limited (BSNL) that operated the provider. this will occur from subsequent week, it is learnt.India owes its telegraph device to its erstwhile British rulers who brought it to the united states of America in 1833 to establish a communiqué device between their capital Calcutta (now Kolkata) and Howrah.
Read More Article :
- YouTube strives to crack down on comment spam
- Hackers hit Washington Post for second time in three years
- Supreme Court issues notice to DoT on how to block child porn in India
- EA’s Star Wars deal with Disney to last ten years; won’t just be movie games
- 3D printed Cortex Exoskeleton concept could crack plaster casts
20,000 telegrams have been dispatched out on the remaining day
It was once expanded across the use of a in 1853 and even after the advent of the telephony machine in India early within the twentieth century, it used to be the principal means of communications throughout the vast landmass. All through 1982-eighty three there were some forty five, 000 telegraph workplaces across the use of a. The annual telegraph site visitors throughout that period was once seventy five.2 million, which has now fallen to seventy two,000, prompting BSNL to scrap the service because it felt it had misplaced its relevance in this age of reducing-aspect expertise. BSNL has incurred losses of Rs.1, 473.38 core from 2006-07 until 2011-12. It also suffered a loss of Rs.sixty five. Forty two core during the first 1/2 of financial year 2012-thirteen. Highlights of the day:
- round 20,000 telegrams were dispatched on the last day(Sunday).
- Deities outperformed different locations via topping the chart with 2,200 telegrams.
- Kerala dispatched out 1,867 telegrams.
- round 1,000 telegraph provider employees can be absorbed in different departments of BSNL from subsequent week